Skip to content

Membership Status

September 11, 2012

Welcome back to Terminology Tuesday! Each Tuesday we will blog about some commonly misused terms within the Fraternity. It’s our hope that you take some time to read, laugh, smile, and then use the information to alter your word choices, and the choices of those around you.

With many universities starting recently, we thought it might be helpful to clarify the difference between voluntary withdrawal and inactive status.

In order to voluntarily withdrawal from the Fraternity, a brother must submit a Voluntary Withdrawal Application. The member will be removed from the Fraternity, usually due to a change in belief systems or permanent hardship, and the application must be approved by the Fraternity’s Board of Directors.

Members who will be inactive during a school term should fill out an Inactive Status Application. This option is for unforeseen extenuating circumstances and must be approved on three levels (chapter, RVP and PVP).

The only other way to be removed from the Fraternity is through a chapter trial. In this case, the chapter votes on guilt and penalty for a person with charges brought up against them. If the charges are severe, the person could be expelled from the Fraternity. More information about chapter trials and the individual discipline can be found in the Individual Disciplinary Guide.

Any questions? Contact the Central Office ( or 513-523-1907).

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: